Monday, January 16, 2006

Portland Pics #2


This is at the Chinese Gardens.


Mill Ends Park. It is listed in the Guiness Book of Records as being the smallest park. It is only 24 inches in diameter. I tried to get a better picture by standing on the other side of the street but you see that puddle in the middle left? Yeah, cars kept driving through that fast and splashing the crap out of me.


Vietnam Veteran's Memorial. I liked it. It was peaceful. The black rectangles you can almost see in the background, are memorials to the soldiers who died and they also talk about various things that happened during that year.


This tree was on the path in the Hoyt Arboretum. I liked its coloring.

If there weren't so much cloud coverage you are supposed to be able to see several mountains, Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens and one other one.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

Great photos, Joanne. I really like the tiny park!

Peeved Michelle said...

I just found a tiny park under my nightstand. A bit of dirt and something green growing on it. That counts, right?

... said...

I believe that there is actually a geocache related to that tiny park...oh and the other mountian you should be able to see is Mt Hood I think.

I love Washington Park, you definitely should see it in the spring.

Mind Sprite said...

From Washington Park, you are most likely to see Mt Hood, Mt St Helens and Mt Adams (in WA). I have seen all three from that area. Sorry the weather wasn't cooperating, but hope you had a good time in the Rose City! I haven't even been to the Chinese Garden yet, so you're one up on me.

Chicken said...

Yes there is a geocache at the tiny park. That was how I discovered Mishka and I discovered it and I've lived her for years. Washington park is beautiful all year round but I would suggest checking it out in Spring or Summer. The Rose Garden is absolutely amazing during those seasons as well.

Cindy-Lou said...

I think I want to go there now.