Monday, January 02, 2006

A few things that make me happy today...

Yesterday we (Matty, his friend Ken and I) went to see Memoirs of a Geisha. It was beautiful! It totally made me want to go back there. (I went to Okinawa for a month when I was 12) It was so different seeing everything up on the big screen. In my imagination pre and post WW2 Kyoto was much cleaner. Kind of like Tokyo Disneyland I think. So it was kind of strange to see it all crowded and squishy, which is clearly a far more accurate description. I think they did an excellent job of translating the book to the big screen. They hit the important points and I don't think they changed anything minor that usually would annoy me. (As opposed to The Sisterhood of the Travelling pants which eliminated 2 siblings, yes minor characters but for some reason it annoyed the crap out of me the whole movie.) All in all I really enjoyed the movie, although one minor thing was that it seemed to go on long at certain points and then I felt like it rushed a few other places. Oh and the last 2 lines just annoyed me for their complete and total cheesyness.

I've been addicted to this game on yahoo for days now. I don't know what it is about it but I just love it.

I am exceedingly happy with Fraggle Rock. I've watched 4 episodes so far. Still cracks my shit up.

Ok maybe that's it right now. I'll think of more I'm sure. :)

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I never saw Fraggle Rock as a kid, but have watched some on dvd. We never had HBO.

Cindy-Lou said...

I used to love Fraggle Rock so much. It reminds me of my cousins Andy and Larry. Ah, the memories.
I think they had to rush the movie because it was too much book for a movie, you know?