Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Hmm could this be my destiny?

So at lunch today with the cult of the virgins one of the things we discussed was Darigold milk. Harry Potter drinks chocolate milk almost every day at lunch. (He's 19 give the kid a break, it is cute.) We were talking about how Darigold has the longest shelf life of milk and they were wondering why that is and I knew the answer. I emailed them like a year ago asking that question beacause it freaked me out. So Isa said I should go into Information Service since I like to find the answer to things. She cited the fact that I emailed Dansko about my new shoes that squeak even though I just bought them like 2 months ago. The funny part is that I have actually been pondering this myself but Isa didn't know that. So we had a brief discussion of my graduate school research.

4 comments:

... said...

I like to write customer service letters and have had people mention that perhaps I need to be a person that helps others finding the right company to do business with and such (can't think of the official title right now).

Too bad all my post high school education has been in science and computers....haha.

Chicken said...

So why does the milk last so long?

My Dansko's squeak too, did you find out why?

Joanne said...

The milk lasts so long because they use some double pastuarization method. (I looked for my email about it but apparently I deleted it.) Technically it should only be good for the usual 7 days after opening, but unopened will last until that date. I think that that's just CYA because I've found the milk to be good much longer than that.

The squeaking, I've emailed Dansko about and they emailed me back a bunch of questions. I think they may repair them for me.

Peeved Michelle said...

Interesting. My Danskos are a couple years old. I just figured it was age since I wear the same pair all them the time.