Sunday, January 08, 2006

Out of sorts

I'm feeling restless lately. Not my usual restlessness which results in moving across the country. More of an 'I want something to change' feeling. I want something to happen. I want something to be excited about. Well, I do have something to be excited about. Matty P & I are heading to Portland next weekend. We'll drive down Friday night and come back sometime Sunday. I have to be back on Monday to do the Martin Luther King Jr. March with my girls. But that's exciting. I've never been to Portland. I don't know what I want. Maybe I have too much optimism for the coming year.

Today I flipped my mattress and did some cleaning under the bed. I discovered that Rigby is terrified about the vacuum cleaner and Tess is merely ambivalent about it. Although they both are traumatized whenever I do something weird around the house. I could tell it was agood thing I finally did the mattress. When I moved everything that was next to the wall and laid there I could totally feel the difference. Apparently it is a good thing I sleep alone considering what I found in my bed while taking everything off it to flip it. I found 7 library books, 6 regular books, 1 notebook, 1 pen, 1 hat that had 2 fingernail clippers and 1 Christmas ornament in it. There were 3 pillows in addition to the 2 I usually use. I found 2 catalogs and a magazine. Where the hell do I manage to sleep in all this? Tess was also traumatized because I took away the box that had been at the foot of the bed. It was the box Sampson came in and I need to take it down to storage. I have a weird thing about boxes, probably from being in college and moving so much, but I save all my bigger boxes. You never know when one may decide to move.

This weeks menu:
Sunday dinner - Sherried chicken & Rice.
Monday lunch - Sherried chicken & rice
Monday dinner - Either chicken tacos or a pork chop.
Tuesday lunch - Sherried chicken & rice
Tuesday dinner - Either lesbian tacos with Matty or something vague with chicken.
Wednesday lunch - Sherried chicken & rice
Wednesday dinner - Chicken & garlic sauce (So I have some for lunch the rest of the week.)
Thursday lunch - Student center food. (I have $$ put on my campus card so I can eat on campus once a week as a 'treat'.
Thursday dinner - Chicken & Garlic sauce.
Friday lunch - Chicken & garlic sauce.
Friday dinner - depends on what time Matty & I leave but most likely tacos.
(Yes there's a whole chicken and rice trend. I eat a buttload of chicken and rice cooked in various ways.)

5 comments:

Jodi said...

And I thought it was difficult sleeping in my bed with 3 dogs and a snoring husband! Geez!

Peeved Michelle said...

In my bed: 1 husband, 2 week's worth of socks.

Unknown said...

No lesbian tacos on Tuesday; I have a meeting in West Seattle.

Mind Sprite said...

I hope you have a great time in our fair city next weekend! Need any recommendations? There's lots of cool stuff to do here, depending on what floats your boat!

(I save all the big boxes too, but it might because I've moved four times in 3 years.....)

Unknown said...

We finally gave up on cardboard boxes and bought huge rubbermaid bins. So far, we have definitely gotten our money's worth out of them. We reuse them everytime we move!

I hope you get some positive changes soon. I hate that restless feeling, and I know all too well what you mean by it.