Saturday, January 28, 2006

Long day into night

This morning I had to get up at the crack of dawn because I was going to the Pacific Science Center with 3 of my girls. We had a scheduled junior activity with several other troops where we earned the Sky Search Patch. I think their favorite part was the planetarium part. It was very cool. The guy was really entertaining and they enjoyed looking at the stars and having the constellations pointed out to them. We officially finished at noon, but one of the girls & I hung out until 1. She liked that part I think because I mostly just let her go wherever she wanted to go. All the girls want to go back so I'm going to try to find some time for us to go in May or June.

After that headed to Center House for lunch. I was STARVING. Then it was off to the library. Since I found those 2 new authors, I put a bunch of books on hold by them. Six of those books came in. How is it always feast or famine?

After that I came home and sat on the sofa for a few minutes. I was so tired and totally didn't want to get up. But I had to send a copy of my birth certificate and driver's license so that she can add me to her flight benefits. She works for an airline and I think in an effort to allow for domestic partnerships without saying so, they just allow 1 adult on the flight benefit with her. Since my parents are already on there by virtue of being her parents and she's single that leaves me! Yay! :) But she had to get the paperwork in by the 31st so I overnighted her the copies. I know that in the normal world I could've just faxed them but she's worried about the fax machine at the place she works at. How can I complain about spending 23 bucks to ship a package when this means I may not have to pay for my flight for the Great American Family Vacation that I May or May Not Survive. So I was off to the UPS Store to ship that. Got home at 4:30 and flopped down on the bed for a nap. A 3 hour nap. I'm never going to get to sleep tonight!

Oh and my tendon is killing me again but I have a doctor's appointment on the 2nd with a sports medicine guy to see if he has any suggestions.

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I love Jodi Piccoult, btw.

Mind Sprite said...

I also have six books from the library that all came in at once, thanks to yours and Mishka's suggestions. I will be lucky to read one of them before they are all due. Glad you got on the airline benefit. How cool!