Sunday, January 29, 2006

Schlumpy

Can someone tell me when I turned into a 45 year old Iowan PTA mom? I was walking up the hill to get the flexcar to go to my favorite restaurant and I couldn't believe how OLD my outfit was. I'm wearing a warm green sweatshirt, blue jeans and my old lady tennis shoes. My jeans aren't highwaters, but they aren't quite as long as I like them to be. It was a horrifying realization. 'Tis no wonder I'm still single when I go out looking as hot as this.

My favorite restaurant is moving. They don't know where they are moving yet. I'm hoping that the move doesn't translate to permanently closed. I would be sad if that happened. Although, if they move further north than Edmonds, I think I won't go there as often as I go now. They had a new, to me, waitress today. She was not good. I hope my usual waiter still works there. It makes me wonder if they only hire staff from the celiac community or if they pay so little only inexperienced wait staff are willing to work there. I remember when the guy first started he wasn't that great, but he got good fast.

1 comment:

Mind Sprite said...

I was wearing that same outfit yesterday, except with frumpy gray slacks instead of jeans.