Friday, January 27, 2006

Naked

My backpack is still full of crap from last night's meeting with the girls and I ran out of time this morning to clean it all out so I left without it. I feel so weird without my pack on my back. In the winter it holds my lunch and breakfast for work (which I had no food in the house so no breakfast or lunch from home for me today). I cart all my girl scout crap around with me in it. It holds my yoga clothes on Wednesdays. In the summer since I don't carry a purse it holds my wallet and my cell and my mp3 player for me. I take it to the store and use it to carry groceries. I take it when I'm walking downtown just in case I see something interesting. It goes EVERYWHERE with me. Today I didn't need it so I left it. Now I feel weird, like there's something missing. I also notice that my back aches when I don't wear it. I think I've gotten so used to the weight of the thing on my back that I don't know how to stand or walk properly without it. It being at home will trouble me much of today I think.

We played with bubbles last night at our meeting. It was so much fun, although the bubble solution I made didn't bubble as well as I wanted it to. We ended up adding more from the dish soap I had purchased some time in the past. But I showed the girls how to make a square bubble and they were so excited to try to do it themselves. It was totally awesome! (In my head as I typed that I thought, Radical dude!) The most exciting part was that unlike the last science experiment we did where I couldn't make it work, this one actually did! :) (Actually last time we were trying to float paperclips. It is possible. I did do it for about 1.3 seconds until the table shifted and the clip fell. The girls saw it though.) And it was something they could do as 2 of them accomplished this. (I only had 3 show up.) This weekend the 3 older girls & I are going to the Pacific Science Center. I'm excited about that. This weekend I also need to come up with what badges we are actually working on (I have a general idea) and plan on going to buy them the next Saturday the Girl Scout office is open.

No comments: