Monday, January 02, 2006

A lot of accomplishment for only 2 hrs of work.

I feel rather accomplished for the afternoon. I did 4/5ths of the dishes. I always leave the pans for last and somehow that doesn't translate to ever really getting washed, until I need them. I think there is some mental block there. I have a large pot of what will be frozen chicken stock bubbling happily on the stove. I have a large pan of enchiladas in the oven cooking for dinner and lunch for the rest of the week. Life is good. :)

For menu planning my meals for next week will be:
Monday - Enchiladas
Tuesday - Lunch - Enchiladas
Dinner - Taco Tuesday with Matty. (I always include 1 meal out for dinner and 1 for lunch as part of my meal planning)
Wednesday - Lunch - Enchiladas
Dinner - Pan fried chicken and mashed potatoes
Thursday - Lunch - Enchiladas
Dinner - That's a little harder, it is Brownie night and so I tend to not want to cook those nights and usually do take out. I must think on this further.
Friday - Lunch - Enchiladas
Dinner - Either pork chops or Gluten Free Hamburger Helper (yes there is such a thing who knew?) the hamburger helper will provide me with lunch on Saturday so that's a good thing.

I also have a project for Saturday. I am going to flip my mattress. I am also going to clean out from under the bed which is what makes this a project because the actual flipping isn't really that difficult. But since I'll have the mattress up on its side, I force myself to clean out and vacuum under the bed. Blech. I think that my mattress is what is contributing to my back pain. I felt a lot better when I was visiting the folks. Now I'm back on my bed and my back is killing me again. I'm hoping flipping will help. Otherwise I have to face the fact that I may have to buy a new mattress and there just isn't extra dollars for that.

Sundays are also going to be for adventures again. I have not had a Sunday adventure in a really long time. It is time, even if I am just catching the bus and going somewhere I haven't been to before. I'm optimistic.

4 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Why not make extra dinner on Wednesday to save for Brownie night?

Jodi said...

I'm impressed with your planning. It's a good thing. I actually bought some groceries tonight...must be a new year or something...hadn't done that in a while which means I eat like crap. So, yeah, off to a better start.

Peeved Michelle said...

If you rinse your dishes right after you use them, they will be easier to wash later and you won't put it off for so long.

Mind Sprite said...

We also have a meal plan and a new "eating lifestyle". I am supposed to eat six times a day and I'm starving a half hour before my next "meal". I'd much rather have one of your enchiladas! YUM!!!!