Monday, January 22, 2007

200 hours

That's my conservative estimate for how many hours I volunteered last year. I'm doing a survey for America's 2nd Harvest and it is one of the questions on the survey. I went through last year's blog entries and added it up. I may be missing some time depending. That's 10% of my working hours. That seems like a lot, but when I was going through blog posts it hardly seemed like any time at all. Especially when you consider how much time I waste doing absolutely nothing at all.

This weekend I have no volunteering planned, but I am planning a Sunday adventure. I may try Seward Park since I've never been. Or I may go to Sand Point Magnusen Park to fly my kite. That one, of course, requires me to consult with the weather forecast to see if there will be a kite flying breeze. This beach park sounds really nice and could be fun. Perhaps Golden Gardens? Maybe the Ballard Locks. What do you think? What looks good? I think I'm going to pack a picnic lunch too.

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I'm volunteering this weekend!

You should do something outside if it's nice, cuz it's frickin cold here!

... said...

Do something outside that you haven't done before...it is an adventure after all....hee,hee.

I need to start volunteering more. You are an inspiration.