Monday, January 29, 2007

Thirty-Six

That's my magic number. The problem... in order to donate blood I need a hct of 38. So despite the fact that I have stopped taking my Aleve. I have started taking a multi-vitamin and drinking a lot of orange juice (something about Vitamin C and Iron). I am still technically anemic. So I was yellow carded again. This is the 5th (or 6th) one. This is causing me a tiny bit of stress because I have to do another blood draw before I can get my next round of my regular pills and I'm worried she won't give them to me if I'm anemic.

4 comments:

Robin said...

Red meat and spinach, or oysters. Do you eat any of these?

Joanne said...

Sadly I've eaten a lot of red meat lately. I don't do spinach or oysters. And I'm not on my period so it can't be that reason either. Sigh.

Kate the Peon said...

Dude, give it up already.

Peeved Michelle said...

Do your celiac pills cause anemia? Is there a prescription iron supplement you can take? I'll ask my vitamin hippie brother-in-law for advice for you.