Monday, January 01, 2007

Long Beach Pics take 2

Round two of pictures from Long Beach with my usual silly commentaries.


This was up in thetop of Northe Head Lighthouse. The cute little docent was talking about the differences in light houses. While exploring the lighthouses I kept having the song Candle on the Water from Pete's Dragon run through my head. I love that movie and the song.


Me and my coworker and our usual camper friend. This picture points out to me that I should NOT wear this hat in pictures since I think it makes me look like I have a tiny head and a giant body.


The North Head lighthouse up close. I think this looks vaguely phallic. (Ok not vaguely, maybe overtly phallic actually.)


Here I am in front of the North Head Lighthouse. According to what I've read, a lighthouse keeper's wife killed herself by throwing herself off the cliff rocks. That's sad.


I only added this picture in because I thought it was kind of cool. I put my camera up to the lens of one of those binocular machines.


This is the Cape Disappointment lighthouse. Isn't it pretty? We couldn't go up to it though because the path had problems after the storms that occurred earlier this month. From the Lewis & Clark Interprative center you can take a great picture. We also went into and wandered the L & C Interpretive center. It was kind of cool. When I take the girls camping in June, we're going to go there.


Nighttime our last night there. I just liked this picture. The tide was WAY out and there were a ton of people on the beach clamming. I've never done that. I don't eat clams, but I may let the girls try it when we go camping.


I just really liked the apparent rings around the moon. I thought they were cool.

No comments: