Saturday, January 20, 2007

I give up

Last night, well okay technically this morning, I was all set to write a rambling drunken post about boys and how I really and truly am over lusting after and crushing on the former wc. I fell asleep instead. So unfortunately for you you won't get the drunken maudlin rambling; you'll just get sober maudlin rambling. : ) You also miss out on my musing about whether or not I'm going to hell for using a juice box as a mixer with rum. It is pretty good... Capri Sun Tropical Punch and Mango Rum. Although you should probably use less mango rum than I did because when I got to the bottom of the cup, it was mostly rum.

I know I said it before but thanks to my own delusions and those delusions of my friends I've still managed to convince myself he's interested. But now I'm really done. Last week he was in my office (he still visits daily despite the fact that his office has moved) and we were talking about his band and he had two shows coming up. He said I should go to one. We discussed the relative virtues of the two shows and I said I'd go on Friday. I go. BY MY SELF! So I go and I see him with his band and a bunch of their friends. That's just too much for little ol' me. I can't go up to that entire group. I think that's worse than when men say they don't want to go up to a gaggle of girls. So I position myself in several spots where I think I must be in his line of sight and hang out and drink. The bar had a type of cider in the bottle that I can drink. Finally the 2nd band ended (and they were pretty good) and it was time for his band to go on. They do their show, and they're really good. They were the last band to play. So after they were done I was sitting on a chair in the front and after he broke down all his gear he came over and we talked. For like 5 minutes and then he went to get his car to leave. I helped him load his drum stuff up and he left. What's the point? Honestly.

The other thing I learned... Pioneer Square is freaking FAR from my apartment. It is just over a mile, but going TO the bar was easy since it was all downhill. Coming back from the bar... A whole other story. And it was 1:30 in the morning. It is nice, though, that I can walk home at 1:30 in the morning from a bar and have no problems. :)

11 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I agree, that would be very nice indeed.

And I think WC can suck it.

Robin said...

Are you sure he isn't just completely clueless? If he isn't dating someone else, he just might be...

Joanne said...

See Robin. It is thinking like that that has kept me hanging on so long! I'm sure Isa will say something about the fact that he didn't see me so how would I know if he would've talked to me since I didn't go up to him blah blah blah.

He played 28 hours of WOW this past weekend, I'm fairly certain there's no girl friend. :) (Actually even independent of that I know there isn't one but that definitely would be a sign.)

Peeved Michelle said...

He didn't even offer you a ride?

Also, if he was interested, he would have asked you out by now.

Kate the Peon said...

Ok. If he played 28hrs of some game this weekend than he is SO not worthy of a gf.

Are you sure he's not meant to live in his parent's basement forever?

Joanne said...

I don't fault him the driving thing because I think most people don't remember I don't own a car. Plus I have gone to shows that were not near my house so I can only assume that he assumed I did the same thing.

KTP he does live in his own apartment with a cat. Apparently he will be the crazy cat guy. :)

Peeved Michelle said...

My point is that a guy who LIKES you in that way would offer you a ride home.

Joanne said...

Ok maybe I am dense (clearly I am dense) but if he thought I had a way home like my own car or whatever why would he offer? Or do you mean in the "oh hey baby let's take this to your place" kind of way?

Peeved Michelle said...

He would not assume you had a ride home on the off chance that you didn't and he could give you one. Also, if he really liked you, he would remember from previous conversations that you don't have a car and would know the general area where you live.

Peeved Michelle said...

Oh, and even if he did assume that you drove, he would probably offer to walk you to your car.

Kate the Peon said...

I agree with PM until her very last statement. We know I date assholes, but very few guys I know would leave their own car and walk someone else to their car.