Sunday, January 28, 2007

Laguna Beach & The Hills

KTP, you may be the best person to answer this question since you watch far more MTV than a normal person our age should... although I'm right there with ya. :) So what I don't understand is what are these two shows. Are they reality? Are they fiction? Are they a fictionalized faux reality kind of like how The Office is a "documentary"? Those aren't real people living life are they? I ask this because I watched 4 minutes of an episode where a blonde implied to a guy with the freakishly whitest teeth I've ever seen that she was pregnant. She wasn't but she wanted him to feel bad because she had felt bad for those days she thought she was. It totally seemed like something Brenda Hampton would write. They also had NO chemistry as a couple. I don't get it...

3 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Glad to help, and only slightly ashamed that I know the answer. :)

Both shows film real people in their real lives doing their shit. LB, when it first started, focused on LC (Lauren from TH) and her friends. Now that she graduated high school, she has her own show, and the people now featured on LB are 'new' to the show (though LC's sister is sometimes on there).

I've read that the filming is only done for like xhours a day on certain days, so some things are 'recreated' that the editors determine are important to the story line but weren't filmed during the first occurrence.

Peeved Michelle said...

That sounds hideous.

Anonymous said...

One of my relatives is so obsessed with Laguna Beach that she went there on vacation, from the east coast. Oh, and she's almost 40.

I tried to watch the shows but I couldn't tell any of the girls apart.