Wednesday, January 31, 2007

It happened

I knew it was potentially coming. I felt it. The rent increase. Although the letter is worded so weirdly I can't figure out how much I'm supposed to pay in rent. Seriously, what kind of moron wrote it? It was also addressed to the wrong person. I now wonder if they have no idea who lives in my apartment. Now apparently I'm going to have to call my apartment manager to get this figured out.

We appreciate your residency at the apartments. While it is neither
pleasant nor easy to raise rents, we find it necessary to due to an increase in
operating expenses. Effective April 1st 2007 your unit rent will be $770
which is in line with the current market value. You will also be
responsible for your portion of $25 for the combined utilities charges.

XYZ management values you as a resident and we are committed to providing
the best residential facilities for the current market rental rate.
Effective April 1st 2007 your rent will be $775, your utilities will be $45 for
a total of $800. If you park on the premises you will need to add your
parking charges to $800 for your grand total.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Wow, that's amazingly unclear. I do think you could probably pay $800 and be safe, though, since that is the 'grand total.'

Peeved Michelle said...

Very weird. It looks like they mixed up two different letters.

Unknown said...

They are obviously confused.