Friday, January 12, 2007

Twice denied

So today I got yet another yellow card from the blood mobile. I got an email that basically said due to the bad weather they are desperate please donate, there's a blood mobile at your employer. (Ok they didn't say "there's a blood mobile at your employer" they said where the blood mobile was and it happens to be my employer.) So I go and eat a hearty lunch and I duck into the bus. And I do all the questions. And I have a good pulse. And I have a good temperature. And I answer all the questions right. And she takes the drop of blood and drops it in the green stuff and it barely drops then floats right to the top. Yup, still anemic. Still yellow carded. I'm at 36% today, though so that's ... well I was going to say good but really it is 1 point higher than last time which was 1 point lower than the time before so that's apparently where I hover.

Then, I logged into blogger to post about this and yay! I've been invited to move Joanne's Life over to the new system. I am excited about this only because I have serious hatred in my heart for the template and I want want want to move to something that will hopefully help me/let me do my own more easily without having to know massive amounts of html. So I click the button... and yet again denied. Apparently Joanne's Life is too fat to move over to the new blogger. They are only letting runway models move and maybe someday if I'm lucky they'll expand to allow those of us bigger chicks to do it. They probably would rather do trannys too. :)

(Ok I'm not actually bitter about it. I still hear about problems, so if I can hold off until everything is perfect I'm not too traumatized.) :)

2 comments:

... said...

I didn't have any problems but I guess some with bigger blogs did...the new layout is cool but it has taken some work to get some of the tweaks I had in old blogger added to my new blogger.

I did keep a copy of my old template, or at least of the sections that I had tweaked so I could add them back rather easily. Like my blogrolling and such. I also didn't use their individual little boxes too much. If I had the HTML, I just pasted it into an HTML box...you'll see.

Jodi said...

I was only invited to switch over recently. I didn't change templates though. I really like the tags feature and have been going back through my 400+ posts when able to add them. Yeah, kind of pathetic.