Thursday, January 04, 2007

This is the story of 7 people...

who stayed together in a house on New Year's Eve. We were kind of two camps of people... the marrieds and the singles. Isa and Isa's former roommate and I were the singles and married friends of Isa and their married friends were (obviously) the marrieds. We had a good time all in all. I played apples to apples Sunday night for the first time and that game is totally fun. It was a pretty pretty house and I spent a lot of time relaxing, which was nice. I also found the place I'm going to drag my girls for camping. So that's fun! :) There was a small bit of tension. One of the marrieds was unhappy about having to do dishes and that sort of thing. They were a little peeved at the planner of the trip that there wasn't more of an explanation about how meals were going to work, just a vague instruction to bring like one thing that didn't seem to relate to anything, but what are you going to do you know? We all coped and it was definitely something I'd do again.
This is the house in Long Beach. Pretty huh? 3 bedrooms upstairs and 1 downstairs in the garage. That room was freaking arctic and kind of creepy. Isa volunteered to stay down there which is good because I was creeped out just the first time we went down there.


Being the morning person that I am, I was up early each morning. This house was just across the dunes from us and I saw it on my way to the beach. This house almost makes me reconsider my whole hippy working for a non profit way in favor of selling my soul to some corporation. Seriously.


A couple of other houses on the beach on Saturday morning. I included them because I know how Michelle likes pictures of houses. :)


A little sunrise over the ocean shot. The beaches at Long Beach are not supposed to be swum in. Apparently the currents are really bad and you could get sucked out in an instant. I may let the girls wade at least.


Sunrises over the sand dunes. There was a lot of this sea grass. I wonder if we could use it to weave... hmmm....



7 comments:

Robin said...

Beautiful pictures! I agree with you about that one house. Although, if I worked that hard to get it, I'd probably never have time to enjoy it. My hope is to accidentally invent something that will make lots of money...

When you take the girls, why don't you have them draw circles around their calves with washable markers, so they know how far is safe. That way you'll cover your visual and kinesthetic learners.

Chicken said...

I love long beach. How much was it to rent the house if you don't mind me asking.

I love Jake...he is creepy but in a fun way.

Great pics!

... said...

Great pictures...sounds like you had a lot of fun and that the weather was agreeable.

Joanne said...

The house was 799 I think. We each paid like 113. We'll get $125 back in cleaning deposit if everything was nice and clean. We checked in at 3 on Friday and out by 11:00 Monday morning. Cheaper than a hotel for that many people definitely.

Peeved Michelle said...

Very pretty.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun!

Jodi said...

Beautiful photos! Sounds like a good time!