Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fat asses do not ski.

I'm considering going skiing. I've kind of always wanted to but the expense of all the equipment necessary has really caused me to not do it. So now my friends are going and I'm considering it again but the one thing I think I would have to purchase would be ski pants. I have a good waterproof coat. I have mittens (although I would probably need gloves). I do not have a good hat, but that's not too bad to purchase. (I do have a cute hat but it wouldn't be good for this project. Although somewhere in the recesses of my storage unit I'm fairly certain I would have an ear band made of fleece which would fit the hat bill to keep my ears warm. I also have wicking long johns in that same place all from living in Alaska.) Anyway, I'm trying to find ski pants, but apparently like finding other clothes for fat chicks, this is not easy. We fatties do not ski, which doesn't make sense to me since we've got all this extra padding to keep us warm. I may be able to borrow Big R's since he has out skinnied his other pair.

4 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I went skiing once years ago with Ex and I wore a pair of insulated sweats. I actually got way too hot (to the point where he made me stop and get water) on the slopes, cuz it was sorta warm and I was way layered.

Robin said...

Try www.junonia.com

... said...

Try snowboarding pants since they are usually a larger fit (the style)....or look for just some powder pants that you pull over your other non-waterproof pants and they will keep you dry but not warm necessarily. You'll just have to wear those long johns under them...

Peeved Michelle said...

I think you will hate it. You kind of need good balance for it.