Sunday, January 21, 2007

Groovin' on a Sunday afternoon

So far here's what I have accomplished today... Shower. I haven't even done laundry, which is causing a little thought in the back of my head to twitch since I know it needs to happen and the longer I wait the more it twitches because I hate fighting for laundry room time. I was up late last night IMing with a friend who is commiserating with me about the uslessness of boys. We're considering creating our own convent since we both are apparently so repugnant that no man will date us we need to do something. It would be either a convent or become lesbian but I don't know how my esteem could handle it if I couldn't get a member of either sex. (Ok I'm exaggerating. I've always said that I won't meet a guy in a bar because I'm just not that girl. That doesn't really bother me actually.)

I updated my browser to IE 7. (Ok I didn't do it, Microsoft told me to do it and I am at the mercy of the evil empire.) I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have a theory that their phisihing scan is slowing down my browsing and that bugs me.

Another thing that has been bugging me... have y'all noticed these new passive/aggressive wives commercials that are on? I've seen two so far and both make me want to punch the wife. In the first one a woman goes up to her fridge and bangs the glass into a door and it is about new appliances and she says to her husband "The water isn't working. Oh the Ice isn't working. Oh it is because we don't have them." I totally wouldn't buy her a fridge after that. The other is an H&R block commercial and the couple is getting audited and the wife says "we should call our tax guy. Oh we can't because we used a box. Let's ask the box what to do." So dumb.

I finally watched Murderball last night. I've had it from netflix since oh I don't know when but just after New Year's. It was really good. It is about the Paralympic Rugby team. They are crazy! They use special wheelchairs and crash into each other. It is really cool. The movie talks a lot about how the guys ended up in their wheelchairs and their lives. I found it funny and interesting and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend it.

One other thing bothering me... the neighbors let their dogs run up and down the hall and throw the dog toy. During the day it doesn't bother me as much as when they do it in the middle of the night. Although during the day it bugs me because I feel like I'm trapped in my apartment since I don't want to go out there while the dogs are running around (mostly I don't want either of the dogs dashing into my apartment which could just be my neuroses.).

FINALLY... The elevator was broken again on Friday after work and still broken when I went out. Luckily it was working when I got home at 2:00 AM. After walking up the big hills to get home I would've been a significantly unhappy camper if I had to walk up the stairs too.

3 comments:

... said...

You should talk to the neighbors or send an anonymous letter to the manager. If they are too lazy to take the animals outside, then they need to live in a house. It is not fair to the animals or the other tenants....

Chicken said...

I stopped using IE at home. Try Firefox.

Joanne said...

I tried firefox. I didn't like it. I don't think I like tabbed browsing. (Which is a new feature with IE 7).