Thursday, May 24, 2007

A blogger wish...

I wish that the tags were easier to fix when I make a mistake or think of a better tag title later on.

Also, someone who is more experienced with the phenomenon known as Itunes... how is it that you stop the syncing that screws stuff up? I have autosyncing turned off. BUT, the day before yesterday, I plugged Pica in to charge and then yesterday I noticed that my sad lone episode of the office was gone off of her. Hmm... So last night I plugged Pica back in and loaded it back on. Apparently it had pulled it off because it was set to sync unwatched episodes and since I had watched it apparently I didn't want it there anymore? But then while it was syncing pictures, it dropped the episode back off. It is a rather annoying thing and since I plan on deleting the episode from my hard drive, I don't want it to disappear off my iPod and not be able to get it back. (Maybe I have to turn off auto syncing with every tab??)

Unrelated... but sometimes my job makes me sad. In my work with benefits, I see the sick and the dying. We have a custodian who I adore. He's got the type of life that a lot of people would envy. He's got a wife that loves him and a farm and a chocolate lab puppy and an inoperable brain tumor. That will kill him. And we've got a painter (building not artistic) from Russia who came to this country with his wife whom I can tell he loves very very much and she has breast cancer. And I just spent about 20 minutes discussing with a professor his options to help care for his wife who also has an inoperable brain tumor. They've probably been married 25 - 30 years. Getting ready to do their last few years at their jobs and retire together. The daughter is grown and out of the house and now this. It is all just so sad...

1 comment:

Stephen said...

There's something to be said for staying very closely grounded in the current moments. They are real, they can be felt deeply, and you can create more. It's far too easy to get caught up in what might be, what could have been, or what has already passed.