Monday, May 14, 2007

Snoqualmie Falls

Two, maybe three weeks ago I went to Snoqualmie Falls with Lyday. I don't think I ever posted the pictures from there. (Maybe I did and y'all are getting a repeat of the photos. Who knows. I had pulled them off the camera, I discovered this when I was pulling other pics off the camer and was in the process of saving a photo into a newly made Snoqualmie Falls folder when I discovered a second Snoqualmie Falls folder full of edited photos. Who knew? Also, unrelated, all of my Sunday Adventure photos go in a Sunday Adventure folder which then has sub folders. The damn folder is getting kind of big.)
On with the photos:

That's a picture of the Snoqualmie Falls with the lodge behind it. Aren't they pretty?! I love waterfalls. (Ok who doesn't? That's like saying I love puppies.)

The falls from below. There's a trail you can walk down a big hill to get to a landing spot. You are not supposed to be down where those people are. I have a pic showing the sign. You'll see it. There was also a funny little girl sitting on top of the rock you can just see in the foreground. She kept scurrying down and gathering boulders and then scurrying back up the rock and throwing them into a pool that was formed. It was funny. Ultimately we figured out she was trying to drench her dad.

Lyday at the falls. She doesn't really like people to take pictures of her.


Me at the falls. Notice my hair going everywhich way and my ever beloved green UAF sweatshirt. I still love that sweatshirt so much. I wear it camping every year when we go. It is awesome.

An interesting tree trunk on the trail. I like how another tree is basically using it and building itself from it.

Here's the sign about why you aren't supposed to climb down by the falls. Too bad I missed the shot that had the guy climbing over the wall right next to the sign.

A river kayaker. He was pretty cool they would fight upriver and then let the water push them back and one ended up doing the eskimo roll thing because he ended up underwater.

Just another shot of the falls. Cool, eh?

1 comment:

Stephen said...

The falls are gorgeous...

But that stump looks awfully tempting :)