Monday, May 07, 2007

Only Morrissey Understands

When V & I were in college we used to play the Legend of Zelda while listening to Morrissey. Only Morrissey understands, we'd lament. I never fully got it until I listened to him last night. I was a volunteer at the Paramount for his show. I sold ear plugs during the opening act and the intermission. It was pretty fun. I got to answer questions at the desk. I kind of enjoyed it. I wouldn't necessarily mind doing it again. I also ended up handing out coats at coatcheck at the end of the night.

His show was good. Although I was exhausted from camping, more on that in a different post. I did find myself dozing off during some of his first songs. (It seems to be a pattern with me since I also dozed off during the Decemberists and sadly during the Foo Fighters. Loreena McKennitt next week should send me into a full fledged coma. :) ) But then I moved seats so I could see and I stayed more riveted to the show. He did How Soon is Now, which I LOVE. And while listening to it I finally got it. Strangely I've heard that song hundreds of times but until he was playing it live I had just heard the words. Now I know... only Morrissey understands. :)

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Only Morrisey understands if you are depressed, suicidal, or anti-social ;)

Jodi said...

I volunteered at a Kids In The Hall (all 5 original members) show last night. It was fun. I did NOT doze off.