Monday, May 21, 2007

I am a petty petty girl.

This week is Big R's birthday. I messaged him on myspace last week and asked if he wanted to get together with little hands and I for lunch or dinner over the weekend. I didn't hear back (I feel compelled to point out that he logs into myspace every day and I saw that he had read the message). I texted him some silly message about how he can read my email but not be bothered to reply to it. He left me a VM about how he was at work and busy blah blah blah. I commented again to his myspace do you want to get dinner or lunch or something. I hear nothing back. Finally I hear from little hands that he messaged her on myspace letting her know there's a thing on Tuesday in Bellevue that this other friend of his is throwing but he's keeping out of it but she could go and let me know about it. She and I are honestly both peeved about this manner in which he asked us to go to this thing. I'm moreso than she is actually because he couldn't be bothered to even tell me directly about it? He had to invite me through someone else. And when little hands pointed that out to him he said that it was because it wasn't HIS deal and it was his friend's thing and he was keeping out of the invitees. He wasn't even sure if his own boyfriend was going. Little hands of course countered that his friend doesn't necessarily know me or the boyfriend and so he should logically invite whomever he wants to show up to it.

So now here's where I'm petty. #1 This is still bugging me for some reason. and #2 I don't want to go. Part of that is because of the way I was just kind of tagged in there 'oh ask J if she wants to come too.' and part of it is because I don't want to go to the place they're going. I'm also not that fond of his friends. They're all Eastside snobs. (Although I've not met his boyfriend, I think he is local and not at all snobby so he's probably okay.) I've met all his other friends and it could be me projecting but I definitely got a vibe from them. (Or maybe they were just giving back the vibe I gave them. Who knows.) In any event, this is not starting to sound like a fun night. But I'll go and I'll smile and I will have fun if it kills me. (And it just might. :D )

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

If you go thinking it will suck, it will most likely suck and you will hate being there. I would not go. That's just me, though. :)

Stephen said...

I wouldn't go, but nothing to do with R. I'd not go, because Eastside parties suck IMHO.

As far as the indirect contact, that's pretty lame. However, I wouldn't read anything into it. Some people are just indirect communicators ;)