Friday, May 04, 2007

Make Way for Ducklings!

Yay! The ducks are back. And they've brought babies! (Or they've had babies somewhere on campus. Last year was the first year they had babies apparently. I saw the boy and girl duck waddling around campus and then they disappeared so I assumed they moved on this year but they're back! (One of my favorite things prior to this, I would see all these cute little duck prints in the mud in one section of the lawn that a car had driven over so the grass wasn't growing. So cute.)

Also, y'all shouldn't be envious because I'm leaving work early today to do something fun like go camping. :) I'm volunteering to help out with a Girl Scout weekend. I'm pretty excited. I get to just enjoy the camping and hanging out with the kids without the actual responsibility of anything. :)

Last night the girls and I tried to make fire starters. We dipped paper egg crates with lint into wax. I'm not 100% certain they will work. I may take some with me this weekend to see if I can get one to burn. I think the girls used too much wax. They were a little zealous about the waxing of the egg cartons. And the wax wasn't paraffin wax which would work better but a soy based one that we could microwave. My hands did feel very soft yesterday after finishing the work. :)

Also, I'm really starting to enjoy Glutino products. I just had some vanilla wafer cookies and they are pretty darn good. They are weirdly packaged in that in the box of 10 cookies (yes 10 cookies... 5 bucks for 10 cookies... the wrongness of gluten free food.) has 2 cookies per little wrapped bundle. Yet the serving size is 3 cookies. So weird.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Baby ducks! So cute!