Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cajun Style Pastries

I've had this new Chebe mix for cinnamon rolls or something like that for awhile now. Tonight I decided I wanted to bake them up. So I follow the instructions. Because I don't want to have too mnay I only bake 1/2 of the mix. I pop the other 1/2 in the freezer for later use. I do some variations based on the package. I twist some up with chocolate chips and others up with walnuts and the 3rd style I do is a braided rope style thing. All are relatively small, but (I will continue to insist this) I followed the instructions on the package. I heated up the oven to 375. Popped them in there for 30 minutes. About 25 minutes into I start thinking 'huh, that is really starting to smell...' I go into the kitchen and open the oven door. They're all dark. Dark dark. The ends are actually charred. They also didn't rise as high asI expected. The next time I try to cook them clearly I'll double check the oven temperature I set it to and watch them a little more carefully. :)

No comments: