Saturday, May 19, 2007

A cox overdose

I went to help out V with his rugby stuff last night. First we were at RPlace where I was giving out packets to the various team members. That was fun and easy and I had a good time with it.



Then he mentioned he may need some help at coat check at the Cuff. I agreed to go with him to that for a little while. The Cuff has never been my favorite gay bar. In fact, I avoid it because I'm usually uncomfortable there. Unlike the other gay bars, this one rarely has women in it. I always feel like I stick out like a sore thumb there. I discovered last night the other reason I don't like it. They have gay p0nr on all the tv screens. AND right where I was sitting doing my coatcheck I was surrounded by it. If I looked a little to the left there it was. If I looked a little to my right there it was. If I stared straight ahead I could see the reflection of one in the picture in front of me. It was far more than I ever needed to see. It was fun doing the coat check though. I laughed and chatted with gay boys. I did end up staying much much later than I had intended. I had originally intended to not stay as late as I had but I ended up staying until 2:00 AM. I think working the coat check raised over $150 for the rugby club so that was good.

No comments: