Friday, April 15, 2005

Michelle's Nightmare

It was so awful. I was working from home, but I still had my same job. All of my bosses (boss, medium boss, VP) had offices in my house and so did Joanne for some reason. I had fallen asleep in Joanne's room the night before and when I woke up in the morning, I went to work, which was in the living room. My boss was sacked out on the couch. I started working. I had my laptop plugged into the TV, using the TV as a monitor.

People were in and out of the living room, just like my real office. They kept asking me if I had seen the show yet? I hadn't and, in fact, I had completing forgotten about the show. I went to my bedroom, which double as my medium boss's office. Stuck to the doorframe were a dozen phone messages for me that I had missed because I went straight to living room from Joanne's room. All of the messages were telling me to check out the show. My mom had sent a tape of it to me in case I had missed it.

I popped in the tape and the show was all about blogs and how the media and celebrities are using blogs these days. They showed a focus group who were viewing some blogs and talking about them. They showed one lady who was making comments about women's interest blog that I ran and there was a quick reaction shot of me and that was it. I looked really nice in the shot and the blog was presented in a good light so I was pleased.

This is where the dream took a turn for the worse - as if running an entire business out of my house wasn't bad enough. I popped out the tape and on the TV screen in the bedroom, my medium boss's email came back up on the screen. Someone had sent him a copy of an email I received talking about a contract that I was about to sign with another company. So, he knew that I was planning to leave. I was super panicked and I put the tape back in so that his email wasn't on the screen anymore and he wouldn't know that I saw it. Apparently, at the end of the tape was some extra footage from the shoot. I was horrific looking. I looked like I weighed about 500 lbs. and I was UGLY. I was so sick to my stomach watching that and I felt like I was going to cry. I turned it off and I shouted, "I am never leaving the house again!"

Meanings courtesy of Dreammoods.com

Home: To see your home in your dream, signifies security, basic needs, and values. You may feel at home at your new job or you finally feel settled and comfortable in a new environment.

Office: To dream of your work office, indicates that you cannot seem to leave your work at the office. You may be overworked or have too much on your mind. Alternatively, it symbolizes your status, accomplishments and your place in the world.

Boss: To see your boss in your dream, represents the bossy or authoritative side of your own personality. Your boss may reveal self-confidence and the assertive aspect of yourself. It is telling of your issues of control and authority. Negatively, the boss in your dream may symbolize your limitations and lack of freedom/originality. Consider also the relationship you have with your boss. This may provide clues to work-related issues that need to be resolved.

Coworker: To see your coworkers in your dream, highlights aspects of your waking relationship with them, including difficulties/support. It signifies your ambition, struggles and competitive nature. If the coworkers in your dream are not your actual coworkers, then they may pertain to some psychological business that you need to work on.

Laptop: To see or use laptop in your dream, suggests that you need to be able to reach out and communicate with others in any circumstance.

Television: To dream that you are watching television, represents your brain, mind and its flowing thoughts. It shows how you are receiving, integrating, and expressing your ideas/thoughts. The programs you dream of watching is an objective view of the things that are in your mind.

Bedroom: To dream that you are in the bedroom, signifies aspects of your self that you keep private.

Message: To dream that you are receiving a message, signifies changes in your affairs.

Tape: To see or use tape in your dream, signifies unprofitable work and fruitless endeavors.

Fat: To dream that you are fat, signifies a fortunate change in your life or you may be overindulgent. A more literal interpretation of this dream is your fears of gaining weight. You have a skewed perception of your own image which may stem from low self-esteem.

Ugly: To dream you or others are ugly, signifies aspects of yourself that disgust and repulses you. These may be feelings you have rejected or repressed.

No comments: