Saturday, April 15, 2006

An adventure dreaded...

I have to go to Wal-Mart. I haven't been into a Wal-Mart in 3 years. BUT as much as I don't want to go to Wal-Mart, I do need what they have and it will be cheaper to get it there than at a fancy schmancy craft store. (And honestly of the craft stores on my list Wal-Mart is closer). And on to why I have to go to Wal-Mart.

As one of the projects for the Encampment, I bought 3 inch flower pots. The girls are going to paint them and we'll pack them together with some potting soil and seeds and they can give them to their mother or other special person for Mother's day. (Or keep them I've got no opinion.) I went online to discover that painting terra cotta is not nearly as easy as I apparently wanted to believe it is and it has to be sealed first and then polyed after and on and on.... OR... I can use Patio Paint. And where can I find Patio Paint? Wal-Mart. I'm really excited about this craft. And actually I'm getting really excited about the whole encampment. We've got some hikes, we have field games we have all sorts of arts & crafts. I'm hoping a good time is had by all.

No comments: