Friday, April 14, 2006

Worlds collide!

From 1998 - 1999 I taught 6th grade in the town I grew up in. I was a terrible teacher. Well wait, I'm not a terrible teacher, I'm a terrible horrible classroom manager. But I digress. While on My Space tonight, I was at my high school's My Space page. And on the front page in their little classified area was a person looking for an apartment. I recognized the name and clicked on it. It was one of the kids I taught. He graduated in 2005. Holy crap. I feel weird about this.

Ok so I went through class of 2005 and found at least 1 more of my students. The kid I had to kick out of my class due to my inability to control him. I really liked him, but there was no way I could cope with the combination of him and several of the others. It bummed me out a little.

No comments: