Thursday, April 13, 2006

Another benefit to working for a college...

We get random days off. Tomorrow is Good Friday so my university has given everyone the day off. What to do with my 3 day weekend. Up until yesterday, I was going to go to Michelle's in CA and go to her mom's birthday party and all that jazz. Then I logged into the America West site (where people with flight benefits go) and discovred that I could leave Seattle. I may even be so lucky as to get to California, but coming home wasn't going to happen. All the flights from Phoenix or Las Vegas to Seattle on Sunday and Monday were over booked, by several people. So I will stay here. Now what to do what to do... Unfortunately it is going to be raining at least all day Friday and quite possibly the rest of the weekend so any sort of adventuring where I'm outside is not in the stars. I am working on a new book, science fiction (or science fantasy more accurately since the sci fi nerds are all over the difference between the 2). I could read for the whole weekend. I think some cleaning will be happening. I need to take the recyclables out. I got my new recycling bags in the mail recently and I like them. They aren't as stiff sided as I expected and I'm wondering if there'll be a note on the door to the garage from the trash nazi about just throwing the recyclables in the bin without them being bagged. (She's frequently leaving notes about no lids on the bottles and this 1 bin is for cardboard only [whatever] which I frequently throw other stuff in there and on and on...) Ooh and I could play my new computer game. Oh and I have to go to the library for new books and to return old ones. Looks like I can fill the weekend. I wonder if something interesting is playing at the movies... :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for the Jesuits (or Catholics in general, I suppose)! Mr. Sheesh (who also works at a Jesuit university) gets today off, too, so I took a vacation day. :)