Sunday, April 09, 2006

Joanne & Big R's weekend of FUN!

What a fabulous weekend I have had!

Saturday: Big R, Curly hair, me and Boston all went to House of Hong for Dim Sum. Well I didn't have Dim Sum because I can't eat most of those little things so I just had Mongolian Beef. I LOVE Mongolian Beef. So then we headed to Alki. Unfortunately it was rainy so we didn't do much. Just got coffee and that's about it. After that we headed to Target. It was such a nice evening. I cooked a roast beef (although I over cooked it slightly) and a baked potato (unfortunately I undercooked it slightly). Watched some Fraggle Rock and life was glorious.

Sunday: Did my usual Sunday morning activities but then Big R called and we were off on a Sunday adventure. We went shopping, first to Factoria but then that Target didn't have what I wanted so we went to Issaquah. I've never been there. We shopped and shopped and that was nice. I got a new computer game and a dvd. The babies are now proud owners of new treats. Then we drove around Issaquah and he showed me where he grew up. After that we drove back to Seattle and then headed over to Alki for supper. We went to Pepper Dock for hamburgers and they were totally what I didn't know that I wanted. After that we walked up and down the boardwalk and watched the waves and talked. There were a lot of kids there and families and that was cute. There was this guy who had a remote controlled glider and we watched him. It was glorious. I think I could totally live out there. The sun was shining and the air was cool. We headed back to the car and discovered much to Big R's chagrin that he had left the lights on. Sigh, dead battery. So we sat and waited for AAA to come, but we talked the whole time. It was just so fun. (Now if only he was straight. :P ) Life is good.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Damn! As I was reading this post, I kept wondering whether this was a "date". Sorry to hear that he's not straight. :(

Peeved Michelle said...

I don't think that there are straight single men in Seattle.

Joanne said...

There aren't any.

And Sheesh, that's why I pointed that out at the end. I didn't any misunderstandings. :) Besides the fact that he is gay, he's also the son of an associate dean so still nothing would ever happen.