Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Spring Goals!

I walked to work this morning for the first time in a long time. I discovered 2 things... 1 - The boot paired with my Dansko dress shoes (to wear with a dress not the other pair) doesn't work well because the heel is too high on the dress shoes and that bugs. 2 - I miss walking to work. It is such a great time to clear my head and since it is GORGEOUS out lately I want to get back into it. So I decided to make a new list of goals. But before I can do that, I wanted to look at my New Year's goals to see how I did and see if they needed to be added to or changed or incorporated. They were:
1 - Less judgemental. I'm still working on that but I feel much better about my judgementalness. I definitely think I've made some strides.
2 - Yoga - I had a class, but then it finished. I want to find a new class better add this to new goals list.
3 - Meal planning. I was doing it but now I'm not and I want to get back into it so better add it to new goals list. :)
4 - WC. Oh please who was I kidding with that goal? ;) Not added to new list. Patience will win out I'm sure. (Or not if I meet someone else then I do and it is bye bye WC.)

SPRING GOALS:
  1. Find a yoga class. There are a ton of them around me I just have to sign up and go.
  2. Go back to the gym. I went the week before I went on vacation then went on vacation and then got sick. I need to go back and since it is so light so early in the AM it will be easier now I think. Plus more students are not going to the gym because we're getting towards mid terms.
  3. Meal Plan. I must do this to save money.
  4. Save money. I have a weird budgeting system where I use only $500 for everything else (besides bills) for the month (includes groceries). I want to cut that back to $400/month or $100/week. It seems like that should be easy to do but somehow it isn't.
  5. Walk to and from work. I already walk home most days (in the boot thank you very much). I am going to start walking in the AM too. I miss it and I didn't realize how much until this morning.
  6. SUNDAY ADVENTURES! I miss Sunday adventures. I am going to start doing them again. Unfortunately they are almost out for this month as I have the brownie overnight this weekend and camping next weekend (which is a Sunday adventure of sorts.) But in May I have 3 Sundays free and I will find an adventure for each of them.

I think these are all doable. Most were stuff I was doing before and got out of the habit of. I'm excited! :)

4 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Those look like good goals to me. Are you planning non-walking Sunday adventures?

Mind Sprite said...

I should have goals too. But I think I'll live vicariously through yours! It's much less work!

Chicken said...

Your gym might offer a Yoga class.

I second what sprite said.

Unknown said...

Are you on quarters? Forget midterms, we're already nearing finals!