Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Seinfeld imitating life

Someone I used to know used to (and probably still does) harbor dreams of playing backgammon with certain famous people. Last night while I was watching Seinfeld, Kramer went on an adventure to someplace hot & sunny (Cayman Islands I think). He ended up on a nude beach playing backgammon with Elle McPherson, naked. That made me chuckle a little bit.

I have 2 volunteers signed up from my university to help with my encampment this weekend. I just got an email from one of them. She can't go. Sigh. Now her reason is so beyond understandable and I couldn't imagine making her come given the circumstances (we recently had a student die suddenly and that was her friend and there is a memorial), but now I'm down a volunteer. Although in one respect it does help me since I have this one annoying leader who apparently did not read the pre-registration form where it says "Activity you would like to share." And the confirmation form where it says "Activity you would like to lead and share" or the 2 emails where I asked about the "Activity you would like to lead or share." And apparently she didn't listen during the conversation we had about the "Acitivity she could lead or share" where I even gave her a bunch of suggestions of "Activities she could lead or share." She emailed me yesterday when I put on the schedule "unknown activity from ..." asking if she had to lead or share an activity. She thought I just assigned her one. But now I have to do some schedule adjusting and I just did schedule adjusting. My fingers and toes are crossed that my other volunteer didn't know this girl too.

1 comment:

... said...

Sounds like a lot of work.