Monday, April 03, 2006

April fools

Last year, I had the best April Fool's gag ever. I'll never top it which is why I didn't try this year. (Ok I had an idea but forgot to do it.) (Really I WILL brag about this one forever because I think it is honestly the only time I've been able to fool anyone. I'm terrible at thinking them up and terrible with execution.)

This year I got my leg pulled and it was so funny I have to share. It is from Flexcar. It took me 3 reads to realize it was a joke.


We're diversifying our fleet! We've heard you members: you want far more spacious vehicles and far more of 'em. So we're pleased to announce the conversion of the Flexcar fleet to ripe-banana-colored H3s, effective April 1. Operation Hybrids-to-Hummers (H2H) will take place overnight utilizing next-generation, military-issue Parking Space Expansion Devices (P-SEDs) and an estimated million gallons of Cloak-Curb© paint.
We hope our members will be patient during the transition from the new Smartcards to the still newer GasGuzz cards, which will entitle you to triple the fuel credit limit. And remember to carpool; with so much seating the H3s promise dramatic improvement in the Flexcar fleet's fuel efficiency.
Comments? Send them to aprilfools@flexcar.com.

4 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

That's funny.

Mind Sprite said...

I wonder how many people won't get it and will flood their mailbox with complaints! That is pretty darn funny.

Kate the Peon said...

I like a company with a sense of humor.

... said...

That is hilarious...and so well done.