Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What a great day!

To be happy about today:
  1. The sun is shining which always makes me happy.
  2. I got the confirmation for the Brownies overnight at a gymnastics studio. The activities the girls will be doing are so cool! The girls will get to jump on a trampoline, do a giant obstacle course and use other real gymnastics equipment. And then we sleep over and have breakfast in the morning. Of course since quiet time is from midnight to 3 AM with full lights out at 3, the next day is going to be a bit rough, but that's okay.
  3. I am making enchiladas for dinner. I LOVE enchiladas for dinner. Plus that means I'll have stock again and I've been out for a few weeks. I'm going to make them a little differently though. I'm going with more like an enchilada lasagne type of thing. Tortillas in the bottom of the pan, sauce and meat and cheese then tortillas and then sauce and cheese.
  4. I got my first volunteer response for the encampment. A girl who has experience with Girl Scouts. That's very exciting. (Yes I've gone back to just using it, KTP was right, I'm being overly cautious since there are probably a bazillion links when one googles Girl Scouts)
  5. Comcast has a new on screen thingie so that I can now delete from my channel list all the channels I hate. I love that!

Ok the less exciting things:

  1. I believe I definitely have Isa's sickness. I opened my mouth twice today to talk and couldn't squeak out a word. My throat is getting worse. :(
  2. I can't find a quantity cook to cook the meals for the encampment. That was the biggest pain in the ass 2 years ago and apparently will be the biggest pain this year. Luckily, I have email addresses though so I feel a little better about emailing the people so they can think about it and not be on the spot.

2 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

I love being right! :)

Your overnight sounds like tons of fun. When I was little the church we went to had gymnasticas equipment tucked away, and during social time afterwards, we'd all jump around and swing. Very fun.

Dinner sounds very good, too!

Jodi said...

Your enchiladas sound yummy! Wish I enjoyed cooking.