Monday, June 26, 2006

Another fabu weekend in the Summer of Joanne

Yesterday well, not much happened. I went to my GF bakery and got some GF foccacia and other things. (Cupcakes!) But today... today was great!

I went to the Pride Parade downtown with Big R & Isa. There has been quite the tussle in Seattle over the parade location. Usually it is held on Capitol Hill (only since the late 80's actually but that's a moot point), but the powers that decide these things moved it to Downtown with the celebration happening at the Seattle Center. A lot of the gays are unhappy with the move, although interestingly enough I've read a lot were not unhappy. I suppose it is all about who you talk to. I liked it better downtown since there was a lot more space to spread out and it was easier to move about. Big R & Isa preferred it on the hill because they feel like it lost a certain vibe that it had on the hill. Big R thought it was a lot more subdued this year. But here are some photos:


The Color Guard presenting the Colors. (Should all that be caps? I don't know) I liked it, but the parade viewers did not stand and that bothered me a bit. (I also like how I noticed after the first time I posted this that the people on the other side of the street are all standing. The people on my side of the street were not.)

Pirates! Not of the Carribean (which I'm currently watching on some Canadian channel by the way). These are the SeaFair Pirates. They are very cool and exciting but they shoot off a cannon which hurts my ears. (I have wussy ears)


The Latino/a group. Their costumes are always totally gorgeous!



Miss Information. She's the side kick to Glamazonia at Gay Bingo. She kind of reminds you of pepto bismol with all the pink.

Look! Gay boys do camp! Actually every July 4th weekend (I think) there is a giant gay campout that happens. Big R claims the gays don't camp.


Big R asking Isa to dance. I forget what was playing but they danced for a moment in the street.


I only took a picture of these stilts because they fascinate and kind of scare me. They totally look like something out of a George Lucas film.

Big R wearing the latest fashion from Paris. Or something. It is just a funny as hell hat.

After Pride Parade, we went to Madison Park. We swam for many an hour. I dove off the low diving board several times. Backwards dives. I don't know how to go front wards. I jumped once off the high dive but somehow landed on my ass which hurt like hell. I also have a massive bruise on the bottom of my left foot now. I'm completely hobbled now. The bottom of the beach is really rocky at the first part. I think I stepped down a couple of times as I was stumbling more hard than I intended. Since I'm such a wuss, it totally bruised my foot. Damn foot. I also managed to not burn which was nice. Although I did get a bit of color and you can see on my chest 2 different tan lines. One from my tank top and one from my bathing suit. It was just such a fun time swimming and playing in the waves. Since it is in Lake Washington it is not salty, but all the big boats on the lake totally chop up the water so I got to jump in small waves. After that we went to Bings for dinner. That was also yummy. All in all it was a totally great day! (I took a picture of the bruise on my foot but for some reason blogger hates that picture and it won't load so I've given up because well, I gots to go to bed soon)

No comments: