Sunday, June 04, 2006

Geeky joy!

Ok so I admit certain amounts of geekyness periodically. Today it may have reached an all time high. I think (I'm pretty sure actually) that I've said in the past that if I could figure out this whole ringtone thing I'd love to have a Harry Potter one. I heard it downstairs in my building one day and I really liked it. Turns out what I liked was Hedwig's Theme. So today in a fit of task avoidance (I just got my nails done, I can't clean until I have gloves to protect them... could that be the girliest thing I've ever typed? Probably, but I'm going to Target later with Isa and I'll get a pair then) I googled Harry Potter Ringtones and then I found on one of the ones that offer free ringtones that I could compose my own. Hmm... I've never figured out how to compose one but ok, I'm game. First I try on my own (with no brochureal help) and I can't figure it out so I open a 2nd browser window and google some key words that get me to a composer help thing that tells me what I'm doing wrong. Now I've got it! I put the 2 things together and I now have a rather annoying (monophonic) version of the short version of Hedwig's Theme. I'm so thrilled, now I want someone to call me so I can hear it instead of the bee. :P

1 comment:

Jodi said...

You may be a geek, but I'm a dork. I have a Napoleon Dynamite ringtone ("Tina, come get some ham!") and a few other really silly ones.