Monday, June 19, 2006

The joy of rubber gloves

I washed dishes this weekend wearing rubber gloves. The disposable kind not the yellow kind worn by mothers everywhere. Since both my thumbs are blistered and scraped all to crap (ok not ALL to crap but they both sport a rather large piece without skin... well, relatively rather large, these are thumbs after all) I'm wearing band-aids on them. I didn't want to get the band-aids wet so I wore gloves. From the same packet as a few weeks ago when I originally bought them to maintain a manicure. Here's what I discovered about wearing rubber gloves while doing dishes... for me anyway.
  1. It forces me to keep doing the dishes long after I would usually have stopped. (I almost never do all my dishes at one time. Don't ask, it is a thing) Since I don't want to waste the gloves, I kept going just a few more. That was actually good.
  2. I also never took 'just a few minutes break' because I would have to take them off and then put them back on. That never works. (Usually I take like 20 'just a few minutes breaks')
  3. They drive my hands nuts! This is why I usually never wear them. They agitate the crap out of my hands. The moisture, people, not the latex. I would've discovered if I was allergic to latex a long time ago.
  4. I don't have to touch the squishy gross stuff that gets into the bottom of the sink. I HATE touching the squishy gross stuff.
  5. I'm not 100% certain if my dishes are totally clean when I wear them. I can't feel for any lingering grease or stuff. That's bad.

No comments: