Thursday, June 01, 2006

Worlds collide!

Today was our employee appreication event. Clean-up was still happening when I left at 5:30 to go to my Girl Scout meeting. We meet in the staff breakroom in the building where the HR office is located. The girls and I were working on our project and I had to run to the restroom (my belly was feeling squidgy from one of the appetizers at the event.) When I came back from the bathroom, who was in there but my biggest boss and my coworker. He had a bunch of left over tulips in a bag and gave the girls one. It was very sweet. He agreed that they are cute and I said yes they are, but a little crazy. According to my coworker, they heard the girls singing and knew that's what they were so he was all excited to come meet them. Whenever I vaguely think about leaving, something happens to remind me how much I really love where I work.

WC's band is undergoing some changes. Their last show in their current incarnation is on the 16th. When he mentioned it was going to be their lead singer's last show and they were going to retire some songs I said it sounded like I had to be there so Isa and I are going to go.

I bailed on the senior cruise. I just felt too uncomfortable being there as a guest with my colleagues working it. (And in hindsight, with my stomach all squidgy it is a good thing I skipped out)

No comments: