Saturday, June 24, 2006

Goin' commando

Be forewarned, this post may be an overshare. You have been justly warned...

Yesterday after work Big R & I went swimming. We went to Madison Beach, which I had never been to before. It is kind of little but really nice. It is mostly a big green grassy area with just a little space of sandy beach. To get into the water one has to step down these rock steps. The bottom one is kind of steep. I totally prissied out because I was not able to get into that water. It was COLD. Big R kept trying to get me to jump into the water but man, I did not want to do it. Once I was in, though, it wasn't as bad. (Is it ever?) and we swam out to the dock. Big R went off the diving board and jumped off the dock a couple of times. He liked it. I liked sitting on the dock getting sun. (Although appropriately sunblocked before I got in). There was a total stereotypically gay couple behind us on the dock. The one was prissing at the other about how he thinks this neighborhood (Madison Park) should be the gay neighborhood. It is so much nicer and cleaner than Capitol Hill. The whole conversation made me chuckle. We swam back and lay on the shore for a few minutes, until Big R's ADD kicked in and he required more entertainment.

When we were done, he wanted to go downtown and just wander around. I'm unwilling to let him in my apartment so, I suggest we change at the U. He is prepared for this possibility (with dry clothes) I am not. So rather than make him hang out and wait for me to get dressed at my apartment, I just change at the U too. (totally unrelated, but I really hate that spanky dance guys do. I just think it looks dumb) The thought crosses my mind to wear the wet tankini bottom with my pants, but I decide against it. As odd as it is to say, I've never gone commando. It is kind of liberating. I felt kind of sexy. :) I'm going to have to do it again I think.

We went to dinner at Johnny Rockets. It was yummy. I love their chili cheese fries. Life is better with chili cheese fries. :) After that we picked up some Cold Stone Creamery which is also delightful. I went with something different than usual... I got bubble gum ice cream with chocolate chips. They were all out of sweet cream so I thought I'd be adventurous. :)

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Congratulations on going commando! It can be liberating...not that I do it that often!

Kate the Peon said...

1. Why were you unwilling to let him in your apt?

2. I go commando fairly regularly (not, like, on a scheduled basis though) simply because I do feel sexy doing it. And it's like a secret I have from everyone else. :)

Peeved Michelle said...

Spanky dance?

I am indifferent to going commando. However, I must warn against going commando's cousin, going braless, because unless one has the perky tits of a teen, it is only sexy to oneself.

That ice cream concoction sounds revolting.