Friday, June 09, 2006

Yay summer!

I know that it isn't technically summer until June 20th, but for me summer always begins when 2 things happen at my work.

1 - Jeans. During the academic year we dress in a slightly more dressy than business casual but not like businessey so during the summer it is jeans day every day! Yay!

2 - Early Fridays. We set up the summer schedule so that 1 of us is here until the regular 4:30 on Friday and the other 2 get to go home at 2:00. That's just awesome.

These 2 things will begin next week since commencement is on Sunday. Yay!

I've decided that since last summer's summer of Joanne didn't fully pan out the way I wanted it to, THIS summer will be the Summer of Joanne! I need to have firm plans in place to make this happen. So far I have:

  • Graduation on Sunday. I'm going because 4 of the folks I eat lunch with are graduating. The nerve wracking part is that we are going to a BBQ at Big R's parents' house afterward. Big R's father is a bigwig at my job and Big R's step mother is also somewhat prominent. This makes me nervous.
  • 2nd Annual Girls Camping in Oregon happening in July
  • Going to see the WC's band play next Friday. They are changing lead singers after this and dropping some of their current songs so this will be the last chance to see some of them played. (It is supposed to be kind of crowded there so I'm hoping for a nice geeky boy to make me an offer I can't refuse.) :)
  • Center for Wooden boats. I'm going to try to take the girls here and then I want to go.
  • Big R likes to go kayaking so I'm going to try that out with him, but we'll just be on the lake.
  • Hit the library. I've just put a bunch of new books on reserve.
  • Resume Sunday adventures. I want to go to Kubota Gardens, the Woodland Park Rose Garden, Bradner Gardens, Alkai Beach (when the weather isn't absolute shite), Golden Gardens, and I'm sure there are plenty of others. However, this is going to require a new boot, so I should see if I can get in to see my dr this coming week to see if maybe they have an all terrain boot. :) ) (Although if he tells me I can't do walking then I'll be sad since I'll just sit on the sofa and get fatter)
  • And of course volunteer! I think I'll volunteer for the Oktoberfest again and maybe a couple of other little projects.
  • Take the girls on a hike. We didn't get to do one earlier this year like we thought of doing.

Seems like enough, eh? :) Ooh also cleaning should be happening somewhere in there. Maybe I get to do a Sunday adventure as a reward for a Saturday of cleaning.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I'm truly envious of being able to wear jeans to work and leave early on some Fridays. Enjoy!