Thursday, June 29, 2006

Slight alteration to the Summer of Joanne

Well, so far the Summer of Joanne is going quite well. I've adapted plans where necessary but all in all, I'm having a shit load of fun. :)

I've made a few changes...

In July instead of going to the Center for Wooden Boats on the 15th (or 16th whichever is Sunday), I'm going to go to the Bon Odori Festival. I'm very excited about this. It is the Japanese festival celebrating the ancestors. There are some practice sessions for Obon dancing that I am considering going to, although that may be a step too weird. :)

Big R & I are going swimming again this evening and last night I went with Isa and workstudy student and Isa's former roommate to see the new Superman movie. I did not like it. Not one bit. (Ok a couple of bits but as a whole those bits were not enough to redeem the movie for me.)

I realized yesterday that I have spent entirely too much time lately with people. I'm used to much more solitary existance. This weekend shall be just 'me time.' (But you know me time walking around Kubota Gardens with my camera and a picnic lunch. :) )

2 comments:

... said...

Sounds like you are having fun...we are too...should be a good summer.

Kate the Peon said...

You're going to the BO Festival? Better roll on the deo...