Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Kayaking and camping and flexcar oh my!

So it turns out that Roommate doesn't want to drive for camping so we're checking out the flexcar for the weekend. It'll cost $100 for the whole weekend and this covers gas too. Rental cars were going to be fairly expensive so this is a better solution. Of course it would've been better if Roommate had just said she has car concerns instead of spending days and days hedging and pinning the not wanting to drive thing on Isa (which annoyed her greatly), but whatever. It is done and we're going camping in July! YAY! :)

What I am not doing is going to Alaska in October. The money just isn't there. Even though I'll fly for free, nothing else would be free and it isn't a good time financially. (Although this is not changing my goal of setting aside $100/mo, which I have yet to accomplish but one never knows. :) ) However I will go down and visit Michelle, although I'm not sure when. I've made a mental list of all the restaurants I totally love that we will have to go to whilst there. The little Chinese place by where I used to work is number one on the list.

Speaking of food, the Teriyaki place I loved appears to be under new owners. I'm not too thrilled about that. I'll give them 1 more try and decide.

I will also be going to El Salvador in maybe February or March. My sister is currently there working for her company and will be there indefinitely. Since we can stay with her, and (hopefully) I can fly for free (I say hopefully because I'm not actually sure one of her airlines flies there), it will be cheap. Michelle may go with me (invitation has been extended and I hope she'll be able to go). We can sit on the beach which she loves and have adventures, which I love. :)

Finally here are a couple of kayaking pictures:



Isa & Big R in their kayaks. (These were taken with a crappy one time use camera so they aren't quite Ansel Adams.)

Me! Doing the usual one handed shot. You can just see Isa in the background. :) The underpass is there also, that's the part Isa thought was a bit scary and we might see dead bodies there. :) (We didn't)

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

I am totally in for El Salvador, pending costs. It looks like the husband and I are going to New Zealand in December/January - the most expensive time to go, naturally - for a wedding and to see our new niece or nephew who will be born by then.