Saturday, June 17, 2006

The Summer of Joanne has begun!

With a bang! :)

So yesterday was the WC's show. It was great! I really like their music. There was a minor glitch with the new bass player but all in all it was great. I'm not sure what's going to happen when they find a new singer but we shall see. The first band was pretty good and the last band was not really that great and we left at like 1 so I could get the flexcar back. I really liked the bar itself. It reminded me of a straight R-Place... darts and a pool table and just a laid back atmosphere. But it was on the east side and they're snobby over there.

Today I went kayaking with Big R and Isa. It as so much fun! We started out on the open lake and I wasn't really comfortable with that. It (Lake Washington?) is huge and so there are tons of regular big boats out there. That made me nervous a bit. We went to the left and were on the look out for Mercer Slough because my boss said it was great and the guy at the boat place said it was close. We actually went too far and went into this space full of fabulous houses. The houses were gorgeous and they all had big boats tied up outside. We figured out the right way to get to Mercer Slough and headed there. We had to travel under the freeway which made Isa and Big R uncomfortable. But once we got into the slough, it was so cool. It didn't even seem like we were in Washington. It was so peaceful. There were dragonflies EVERYWHERE. Several landed on the kayak. There were many many of them 'dancing'. :) We also saw a lot of turtles sunning themselves. (And some of them dancing too... I didn't know it was that time of year) :) Ooh we also saw a blue heron that kept flying ahead of us. I have huge spots on my thumbs where the skin just came off. (One was a blister that tore open and the other the skin just wiped out). We went around the entire slough which was exhausting. I also had not eaten enough so by the time we got back to the boat place I was shaking. I had a hard time getting out of the canoe and almost fell into the water. I'm such a klutz. :) Then we went to dinner at Broadway Grill and for the first time since I've ever ordered there (except for the Sunday Brunch which is a buffet so how can that get screwed up?) the meal was exactly what I was expecting it to be. It was good but we had stopped for Wendys on the way back from the slough so I got full sooner than I ordinarily would. We stopped for Dilletante as well and I'm now consuming some wonderful chocolate mousse. All in all... A FABULOUS Saturday. I'm expecting many more great days to come!! (I took pics but I took them with a disposable camera so I will have to get them developed and I ran out of film because it has been so long since I've actually had to worry about the number of pics.) :)

5 comments:

Kate the Peon said...

Mmm, chocolate mousse! Watch out for dragonflies though - they bite, don't they?

Joanne said...

It was good chocolate mousse but I don't think it was $6.00 good.

Dragonflies do not bite.

Kate the Peon said...

Then I must be thinking of horseflies, cuz I know those suckers bite HARD.

Peeved Michelle said...

An excellent start to the Summer of Joanne (part 2?).

Jodi said...

Good times!