Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Done!

Phew. I applied for my boss's job today. I want it. I hope I get it. I'll be crushed if I don't. It was difficult I guess is the word, since the online application process requires things that make me go huh. Like references. I listed the old ones I used to use to get this job. Because really, I already have a job with SU. They know about me. Why do I have to do this?! If it is any consolation to me, everybody I've spoken with has asked if I'm going to apply and/or assured me I would get it. Here's hoping. My contact at one of our retirement plans said he'd put in a good word for me if I wanted him to, and there was a faculty member in my office recently who did 2 things. 1 - offered me a part time job helping her with her financial stuff. I can barely control my own financial stuff. 2 - went next door and told my current boss how awesome I am. If my current boss hadn't been there (and within earshot of her saying 'who is your boss? I want to tell her what an asset you are') I totally would've sent her down to big boss.
Fingers crossed? Check
Toes crossed? Check
Offering to gods? Check
Knocked on wood? Check
Wished on a star and in a fountain? Check
Found a lucky penny? Check
I think I've covered all the bases. :D

2 comments:

:D said...

Good luck!!!

Kate the Peon said...

Good luck! You must keep us posted...