Thursday, December 30, 2004

Hockey!

I just got back from my hockey game. I really enjoyed it. The T-Birds won by 2 points. Towards the very end of the game, the Everett team pulled their goalie (T-birds were only up by 1 at that point) which allows them to have an extra man on the ice. T-Birds get the puck and manage to score on a no goalie situation. The last 45 seconds two fights broke out. It was kind of strange because the refs didn't stop it. They didn't do anything initially until like they were pulling each other down to the ground. However... I AM CURSED! Apparently when I choose my own hockey seats (as opposed to when my friend Sommar picks them when we go together) I get stuck sitting near pucks. I'll let you think about that for a minute to figure out what I mean by a puck... I had 2 of them next to me. Apparently at least one of the 2 has dated players on both teams as she felt the need to cheer for whoever had the puck at the time. They spoke in those high annoying valley girl way and reminded me of little bird girls. By the end of the game I wanted to kill either them or myself but I couldn't decide which. There was much discussion about how "I told zack he better not hit my curtis and now I'm pissed" and "Oh don't give him a bigger fat lip, I need to be able to kiss those lips." I was so tempted to put my headphones on so I didn't have to hear this crap anymore, but I didn't want to miss the announcements. In college Kate, Shelley and I always managed to find ourselves near an entire row of pucks. We learned far more about the sexual behaviors of our hockey players than any sane and normal person ever wanted to know.

On the way home from the Seattle Center, I walked to the bus stop. Here's one of the times Joanne isn't so smart. I could've picked up a bus on Broad in front of the EMP (I think it is Broad it might not be) which is a very busy street. If I had caught one of those buses I would've had to switch in front of Benaroya hall to the 2, so I decided catch the 2 directly. The 2's stop is on a road that would be busy, if it was during the day but it wasn't. So I'm standing there just hanging out waiting for the bus and for some reason I started crying. I blame it 100% on menstrual syndrome, but I was just standing there thinking about the single life and how tired I'm of being single. Michelle once told me (with regards to self-confidence but it applies here) that if you fake it long enough you start to believe it. So mostly I believe it that I don't mind being single and my life is great but standing there waiting for the bus, I stopped believing. And it made me sad. And I started wondering why I think I believe in fate or balance in the universe because obviously there is no justice out there. Then I stood there and realized how sad it is that I'm crying waiting for the bus and that made more tears fall. Luckily the bus came and I wiped my tears and came home. Sigh. I can't wait for the week to be over. (And then I read Michelle's comment about Greg and it made me giggle)

2 comments:

Peeved Michelle said...

Fake it 'til you make it.

Kate the Peon said...

Babe, I feel your pain, on so many levels. I've done the 'crying at restaurants while eating alone' bit, and then when I realize I'm pathetic, I cry more.

Life's a bitch at times.

So, uh, does this mean your gay, pothead, bartending fiance is not a fiance?