Tuesday, December 14, 2004

I promise I'll be funny again..

Yesterday I noticed that my blog had been updated so I figured a comment had appeared and proceeded to go back through a bunch of posts. Hmm... no comment so I go further back. No new comments... Hmm... Then it dawns on me, I'm a retard and I was the updater. I added a new link. Anyway, as I was reading through some of my previous stuff I realized I used to be funny and kind of insightful. Lately, maudlin and preachy. When did this happen? How did this happen? I can only blame being in my 30s on this. Damn 30's. To that end, I'll try to be funny again but have to throw at least one more log on the maudlin/preachy fire. So here's a bunch of thoughts of the moment...

1 Year Anniversary Since I've been without a car. I looked back and discovered it was December 2nd that the beloved Bronco died and I made the heart wrenching decision not to get him fixed. It's been okay, especially with the assistance of Flexcar. I don't miss the expense, but I do miss the freedom. It was nice to know that if I randomly wanted to drive down to Portland for a long weekend I could. I never did that, but it was nice to know the option was there. Kind of like having condoms in the nightstand. I may never use the damn things, but it is nice to know the option is there. :)

Christmas shopping is done! I had 8 people and 2 birthdays this year. I came in 30 dollars less than I had mentally budgeted which is good. The only downer, I'm so bad with money. In my mind I had extra money (for Christmas presents) so I kept buying things for me because 'I had extra money.' Sigh. So ultimately I spent more than I had planned. Eh whatever. When I get my boss's job, I won't have to worry this much about money. Yay me!

Workcrush I haven't seen workcrush in days. I may have to dust off my stalking shoes and night vision goggles and go seek him out. :)

1 comment:

Peeved Michelle said...

Speaking of which, I told CL to talk to you about advice on how to deal with a stalker.