Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Ice Skating

Whee! It was so nice to go ice skating. I love the coldness of the ice and it reminds me of Alaska. It is very zen to just go round and round. I was wobbly at first but eventually got my ice legs and felt more comfortable. The bad part was the ice was very chopped up. I don't think they ran the zamboni (although the rink was WAY too small to run a real zamboni). That was another issue, the rink was very small. And there were children with those ice skating walkers, to try to help them learn to ice skate. I don't really think they help because the kids lean too heavily on them and they don't learn to balance themselves. Plus there were several kids using them who totally didn't need them and were just playing around with them and there were some very little kids who did need them. I only stayed a little over an hour. My right leg does not like ice skating too much and it gets very cramped and tired. I was thinking about this as I was on the bus home. My right leg frequently gets leg cramps when I'm walking, and I wonder if it is a carry over from when I injured my back when I was a sophmore in college. (Holy shrit that was 10 years ago?!) My left leg was always in pain because the disc was pressing on the sciatic nerve that ran down the left leg. Since I spent over a year limping, I wonder if I still have some residual walking issues, like I developed bad walking habits. Before I lived here, I didn't do this much walking ever. I dunno.

No comments: