Thursday, December 23, 2004

What a day!

And thankgoodness it is over, mostly. Today was our department potluck for the holiday. We did one of those gift exchanges where you bring in something 'white elephant' and then we open it and you can steal someone elses. I am not that fond of doing these gift exchanges. Really, I am not fond of gift exchanges at work at all. I would much prefer it if we would all just take a name off the toys for tots tree and do that instead. Anyway, today's heavily traded items were a book of George Bush paper dolls (Punch out George Bush and his pals), a purse from China and a blue glass ball. At one point I had each of these items, but people kept trading me out. I ended up with a soap/lotion gift set. This would be okay except that it is rose scented. I HATE rose scented things.

Last night I very carefully made pizza. Many in the department were wanting to taste my pizza. I carried it to work. I managed to stow it in the refridgerator at work (if you aren't sure where I'm going here, you probably rode the short bus to school). I take it out at lunchtime and head over to the Student Center Pavillion where there is an oven to heat it up (I had cooked it last night. It was so beautiful, the cheese brown and crispy the way pizza cheese should be). I set it on the counter and removed the foil and stepped away when whammo! Somehow I had not set the pan down correctly on the counter and the pan flipped completely upside down on the floor. The 3 second rule did cross my mind, very seriously crossed my mind until I looked at the floor. Not especially clean and it had that grit built into the floor to be non-stick. Plus there was a witness. :) So no pizza. I was a tiny bit heartbroken.

My boss, (Whose job I will soon have thanks to the power of positive thinking) annoyed me much of today trying to make sure everything was done. Surprisingly enough it was. :) We got to go home early. Now I had my backpack on, a bag in my hand, a coat on and am walking downstairs on my way out the doors when... I get handed a form. Sigh. Instead of going back up to my office, I just tossed it in my mailbox in the HR office. I then saw a person I had been waiting for a form from so I made her fill it out and tossed that in my mailbox too. In final thoughts, I think I lost my bus pass for the month. V usually uses it, so it doesn't affect me TOO much, but that means no bus pass for him... unless I've already given it to him. AND I had this whole idea that I had a car rental voucher that would give me a $100.00 off a car rental so I would rent a car for the week that I'm off and get to do little day trips to like Tacoma where there is a zoo and aquarium that's supposed to be awesome. I looked at the voucher finally. It expired on the 8th of December.

I am SOOO looking forward to this next week off. I really need it after today! :)

No comments: