Friday, December 10, 2004

Worms & Random high school story

It has been raining for like a fortnight, I swear. (Or about 5 days but close enough.) As a result, there are worms all over the sidewalk. I don't like to step on them. I know they are just worms and don't have the complex thought process to register Aggghh! Someone has stepped on me, but still I feel a tiny bit bad for the worm. Plus, worm guts ew. So, as a result I walk everywhere right now with my head down, staring intently at the sidewalk to avoid them.

Which reminds me of a story from high school biology class. I took bio as a freshman because our high school had this path toward college: biology, chemistry, physics and if you were serious AP chem or AP physics. I wasn't that serious. :) So here I am, lowly little freshperson in bio class a little tweaked out about having to dissect anything. The worm was slightly tolerable, although the fumes made me cough. So next in line is the frog. I'm paired up with T&A ditzy blonde cheerleader type. Oh no, I think. Anything but this. Little did I know that T&A was totally into dissection (probably used to ripping hearts out). It totally grossed me out and I didn't want anything to do with it, but she dove in with scalpel and forceps. We actually made a good team, she would pull body parts out and I would identify them. I remember she had a big thing about fat in the frog. She cut it all out. I wonder whatever happened to her... probably is now a plastic surgeon in Beverly Hills.

No comments: