Sunday, December 05, 2004

Enabler

Apparently, unlike Katie girl, I'm an enabler not an empowerer. V & I were out tonight and he was beyond drunk. I ended up dragging his sorry ass out of the bar, he claimed to want to leave, although the only way to get him was to grab his hand and take him out. He almost got into a fight, not shocking considering how gone he actually was. I was going to leave earlier, because he annoyed the crap out of me. Yet I stayed, like the fool I am. We went into another bar but did not drink. We went to IHOP (his idea) and had to bail fairly quickly because he was too drunk to sit in the restaurant, so I packed up his sandwich paid the bill & we left. I had to reassure him about 7 times that he did have his bank card and he still had to take his wallet out and look at the damn card twice.

Some random 40+ year old woman came up and talked to him and he introduced me as his wife. I didn't bother correcting that weirdness. Apparently she and her husband were in the bar trying to pick up a 3rd. She hit on me and then called me uptight when her husband pulled her away telling her to stop. I should feel annoyed by that (being called uptight), but seriously... big blonde hair married to mullet ponytail guy. I felt a tiny bit bad for the guy because he seemed a bit more than uncomfortable. She at one point asked me how I put up with it all, "Heavy drinking," was my response because really... what other response is there when you're not sure what's going on.

No comments: